Raies A. Qadri
Our lab is interested in unraveling the role of cancer cell secretory proteins in mediating the cross-talk of cancer cells with various cellular populations present in the tumor microenvironment. While secreted factors produced by cancer cells recruit stromal cells, dampen anti-tumor immunity, they also function to drive the metastasis of cancer cells as well as make them resistant to targeted therapies. The role of some of these secretory proteins in mediating the metastasis and chemoresistance in various solid tumors is being established in our lab. Such cancer cell secreted proteins may thus serve as potential targets for therapeutic interventions. Natural product based lead molecules are also being screened in our lab for their abilities to ablate the metastasis as well as enhance the efficacy and overcome the resistance associated with various anti-neoplastic regimens.
• Centre for Advanced Research-ICMR, funded
- Identification Of Bronchogenic Cancer Marker(S) Through Proteomic Analysis Of Model Lung Cancer Cell Lines – DST, Funded.
- Identification of Bronchogenic Cancer Marker(s) through Proteomic Analysis of bronchial alveolar lavages and sera – DST, funded.
- Evaluating The Synergistic Role Of Identified Natural Compounds On Micro Environmental Modulation Of Model Lung Cancer Cell Lines- National Medicinal Plant Board Funded.
- Post-Transcriptional Regulation of Flower development in Crcocus sativus L- C.S.I.R, funded
- Attachment & Growth Properties of Saffron Cells Cultured Silk Protein Matrices – DST, funded.
- Identification and Characterization of Floral Homeotic Genes Specific to Crocus Sativus L. – CSIR , funded.
- Functional Genomics Approaches in understanding the Regulation of Flowering and synthesis and Regulation of Apocarotenoids in saffron – DBT, funded.
Ph. D - 8 (awarded); Registered – 2
M. Phil – 6 (awarded)
- Dean, Students Welfare
- Head, Department of Biotechnology, University of Kashmir.
- Chairman Technical Committee, National Institute of Biologicals, Noida.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS (2015 onwards):
•Amin, A., Mokhdomi, T.A., Bukhari, S., Wani, Z., Chikan, N.A., Shah, B.A., Koul, A.M., Majeed, U., Farooq, F., Qadri, A. and Qadri, R.A. Lung cancer cell derived EDA containing fibronectin induces an inflammatory response from monocytes and promotes metastatic tumor microenvironment. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry 122, 562-576 (2021).
•Rizvi, M.A., Hussain, Z., Ali, F., Amin, A., Mir, S.H., Rydzek, G., Jagtap, R.M., Pardeshi, S.K., Qadri, R.A. and Ariga, K., 2020. Bioactive supra decorated thiazolidine-4-carboxylic acid derivatives attenuate cellular oxidative stress by enhancing catalase activity. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics. 22, 7942-7951. (2020)
•Gharemirshamlu, F.R., Afsar, M., Mokhdomi, T.A., Amin, A., Bukhari, S., Krishnan, A., Kumar, C.V., Bamdad, K., Patel, T.N., Qadri, R.A. and Chikan, N.A., 2019. D224V and S128Y mutation in FSHRED influence thumb movement differentially: An intricate insight gained by short‐term molecular dynamics simulation. Journal of cellular biochemistry, 120, 7701-7710. (2019)
•A Amin, NA Chikan, TA Mokhdomi, S Bukhari, AH Wafai, RA. Qadri. Irigenin, a novel lead from Western Himalayan chemiome inhibits Fibronectin-Extra Domain A induced metastasis in Lung cancer cells. Scientific Reports 6, 37151. (2016)
•TA Mokhdomi, S Bukhari, NA chikan, A Amin, AH Wafai, JI Mir, NA Chowdri, RA Qadri A novel kinase mutation in VEGFR-1 predisposes its αC helix/activation towards allosteric activation: Atomic insight from protein simulation European journal of Human Genetics 24(9) 1287-93 (2016)
•A Amin, TA Mokhdomi, S Bukhari, SH Wani, AH Wafai, GN Lone, A Qadri, RA Qadri Tectorigenin ablates the inflammation-induced epithelial–mesenchymal transition in a co-culture model of human lung carcinoma Pharmacological Reports 67, 382-387 (2015)
•NA Chikan, S Bukhari, N Shabir, A Amin, S Shafi, RA Qadri, TN Patel Atomic Insight into the Altered O6-Methylguanine-DNA Methyltransferase Protein Architecture in Gastric Cancer. PloS one 10, e0127741(2015)
•S Bukhari, TA Mokhdomi, NA Chikan, A Amin, H Qazi, SH Wani, AH Wafai, RA Qadri Affinity proteomics led identification of vimentin as a potential biomarker in colon cancers: insights from serological screening and computational modeling Molecular Omics 11 (1), 159-169 (2015)
•N Khan, RA Qadri, D Sehgal Correlation between In Vitro Complement Deposition and Passive Mouse Protection of Anti-Pneumococcal Surface Protein A Monoclonal Antibodies Clinical and Vaccine Immunology 22, 99-107 (2015)
•Danish, Q., Mokhdomi, T.A., Bukhari, S. and Ahmad, R., 2015. The ensemble of genetic factors and angiogenic signals via VEGF receptors in lung cancer progression. Cancer Biomarkers, 15, 619-633. (2015)