Raies A. Qadri
Our lab is interested in unraveling the role of cancer cell secretory proteins in mediating the cross-talk of cancer cells with various cellular populations present in the tumor microenvironment. While secreted factors produced by cancer cells recruit stromal cells, dampen anti-tumor immunity, they also function in an autocrine manner to drive the metastasis of cancer cells as well as make them resistant to targeted therapies. The role of some of these secretory proteins in mediating the migration and invasion in lung and colon cancers is being established in our lab. Such cancer cell secreted proteins thus may serve as potential targets for therapeutic interventions. Natural product based lead molecules are being screened in our lab for their abilities to overcome the migration, invasion and establishment of metastatic seeds by carcinoma cells. Of late we have started to study the structural basis of Follicular Stimulating Hormone receptor signaling. We have focused on two behaviorally contradicting mutations found in Follicular Stimulating Hormone receptor viz. S128Y and D224Y, that cause ovarian hyper-stimulation Syndrome (OHSS) and ovarian dysgenesis (ODG), respectively. The study has been communicated to the journal “Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry”.
- Identification Of Bronchogenic Cancer Marker(S) Through Proteomic Analysis Of Model Lung Cancer Cell Lines – DST, Funded.
- Identification of Bronchogenic Cancer Marker(s) through Proteomic Analysis of bronchial alveolar lavages and sera – DST, funded.
- Evaluating The Synergistic Role Of Identified Natural Compounds On Micro Environmental Modulation Of Model Lung Cancer Cell Lines- National Medicinal Plant Board Funded.
- Attachment & Growth Properties of Saffron Cells Cultured Silk Protein Matrices – DST, funded.
- Identification and Characterization of Floral Homeotic Genes Specific to Crocus Sativus L. – CSIR , funded.
- Functional Genomics Approaches in understanding the Regulation of Flowering and synthesis and Regulation of Apocarotenoids in saffron – DBT, funded.
M. Phil – 6 (awarded)
Ph. D - 7 (awarded); Registered – 5
- Progression and metastasis of lung cancer- a study of predominant cellular interactions in tumor microenvironment.
- Expression profiling and sequence analysis of EDA exon of Fibronectin gene in human cancers
- A study of cross-talk between lung carcinoma and immune cells
- Mutational ‘hotspot’ profiling for tyrosine kinase domain of VEGF receptors in colorectal tumors
- Proteomic profiling of human colorectal tumors in pursuit of novel biomarkers.
- Characterization and immunological evaluation of some selected indigenous Iris species
- Clonal identification and molecular characterization of Saffron (crocus sativus l.) Clones
- Former Head, Department of Biotechnology, University of Kashmir.
- Chairman Technical Committee, National Institute of Biologicals, Noida.
- Member Expert Committee, DST SERB Health Sciences, New Delhi
- Member Expert Committee, DST SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship, New Delhi.
- UGC Coordinator, University of Kashmir.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS (2015 onwards)
A Amin, NA Chikan, TA Mokhdomi, S Bukhari, AH Wafai, RA. Qadri. Irigenin, a novel lead from Western Himalayan chemiome inhibits Fibronectin-Extra Domain A induced metastasis in Lung cancer cells. Nature Scientific Reports 6, 37151. (2016)
TA Mokhdomi, S Bukhari, NA chikan, A Amin, AH Wafai, JI Mir, NA Chowdri, RA Qadri A novel kinase mutation in VEGFR-1 predisposes its αC helix/activation towards allosteric activation: Atomic insight from protein simulation European journal of Human Genetics 24(9) 1287-93 (2016)
Fatemeh Rahimi, Naveed Anjum Chikan , Taseem A. Mokhdomi, Asif Amin , Shoiab Bukhari, Raies A. Qadri. D224V and S128Y mutation in FSHRED influence thumb movement differentially: An intricate insight gained by short term molecular dynamics simulation (under review in Cellular and Molecular Biochemistry) (2018)
NA Chikan, S Bukhari, N Shabir, A Amin, S Shafi, RA Qadri, TN Patel Atomic Insight into the Altered O6-Methylguanine-DNA Methyltransferase Protein Architecture in Gastric Cancer. PloS one 10 (5), e0127741(2015)
Sumira Tyub, Azra N. Kamili, Zafar A. Reshi, Irfan Rashid, Taseem A. Mokhdomi, Shoiab Bukhari, Asif Amin, Asrar H. Wafai, Raies A. Qadri Root-associated fungi of Pinus wallichiana in Kashmir Himalaya. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, e-First Article : pp. 1-7 (2018)
Banday, S. M., Amin, A., Bashir, S., Qadri, R. A., Khan, K. Z., & Rizvi, M. A.Anti-Metastatic Propensity of Biscoumarin Scaffold Synthesized Under Catalyst Free Aqueous Phase Microwave Irradiation. Croatica Chemica Acta (2017)
S Bukhari, TA Mokhdomi, NA Chikan, A Amin, H Qazi, SH Wani, AH Wafai, RA Qadri Affinity proteomics led identification of vimentin as a potential biomarker in colon cancers: insights from serological screening and computational modeling Molecular BioSystems 11 (1), 159-169 (2015)
A Amin, TA Mokhdomi, S Bukhari, SH Wani, AH Wafai, GN Lone, A Qadri, RA Qadri Tectorigenin ablates the inflammation-induced epithelial–mesenchymal transition in a co-culture model of human lung carcinoma Pharmacological Reports 67 (2), 382-387 (2015)
A Amin, S Bukhari, TA Mokhdomi, N Anjum, AH Wafai, Z Wani, S Manzoor, RA Qadri Comparative proteomics and global genome-wide expression data implicate role of ARMC8 in lung cancer. APJCP 16 (9), 3691-3696 (2015)
N Khan, RA Qadri, D Sehgal Correlation between In Vitro Complement Deposition and Passive Mouse Protection of Anti-Pneumococcal Surface Protein A Monoclonal Antibodies
Clinical and Vaccine Immunology 22 (1), 99-107 (2015)
Asif Amin, Taseeem Mokhdomi, Raies A. Qadri. Omics in Lung Cancer: From Clinical Associations to Technological Advances Sarah Book Publishing, ISBN: 9781630426330 (2015).
Asif Amin, Taseeem Mokhdomi, Raies A. Qadri. Tumor Microenvironment: Cellular constituents and the signaling cross-talk. Mount Hill Publishing Company ISBN: 9789387305038 (2017).
Asif Amin, Taseeem Mokhdomi, Raies A. Qadri. Molecular and Immunological Interventions in Cancer Therapeutics. Delton Publishing House ISBN: 9788193611364 (2017)